Ah, that sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy-head, fever thing that haunts us every cold and flu season. Yes, we remember you. There are a multitude of theories out there on what can cure the common cold. But the most tried and true source that we have found thus far, is garlic. Garlic all the way, ladies.
Funky breath will be the least of your worries as soon as you see how quickly this potent antidote turns it’s tricks on your head cold. Chug this potion of wellness 2-3 times a day to start seeing your cold fade faster:
- Mince 1-2 cloves of fresh garlic
- Fill a fairly tall glass about ¾ up with fresh squeezed orange juice (hand pressed, store bought…whichever you prefer)
- Drop 10 drops of liquid echinacea into the juice
- Stir in the minced garlic
- Drink fast! It goes down easier that way…
Note: if your breath is less-than-pleasant after this, chew on a small piece of ginger to naturally freshen your breath and cleanse the palette.
Image via grace(ful things)