Another winning tutorial from the Glitter Guide! Who hasn’t felt less-than-inspired when it comes to winter style? Especially when it involves our hair and a hat can look e-x-t-r-a inviting. These simple yet chic hairstyles prove that comfort and glam don’t have to be mutually exclusive; get ready to love sweater weather even more.
From Maritza Buelvas:
It’s a wonderful time for dressing up your hair in relaxed and romantic up-do’s that can enhance any look, even chunky sweaters, layered outfits or hats. These hairstyles can easily become your favorite fall “accessory” — we’re talking no-heat, no-fuss styles that’ll get you out the door fast so you’re never fashionably late!
THE DOUBLE SHOT BRAID
Like a double shot of espresso, this braided look packs a punch and will carry you from day to night.
A teasing comb
2 clear elastic bands
Hair pins (if needed for loose layers)
Root lifting spray (if desired)
1. Lightly apply root-lifting spray throughout the hair. Part hair into two sections down the middle of the scalp. Tease each side of hair with a teasing comb to create volume (if necessary) before you begin braiding.
2. Create a 3-D braid (inverted french braid) on each side of the head and secure with an elastic band on each end. You’ll want to braid from underneath (hence the 3-D effect) to make each braid pop.
3. Start pulling at the sides of each braid to make them as thick looking as possible. This is called pancaking the braid.
4. Hold the finished style with setting spray.
THE ROUND MESSY TOP KNOT
This hairstyle is the perfect textured tease to dress up your favorite flirty sweater.
A teasing comb
1 clear elastic band
1. Apply texture spray throughout the hair, tease and collect all strands into a high ponytail.
2. Once you’ve gathered your hair into a ponytail, swirl hair around to form a fluffy, round bun.
3. The trick with this style is to play up hair’s natural organic texture, so don’t be afraid to pull up strands in the front to create natural hair lift. Pull out strands from your bun if a messier look is desired.
4. Set with finishing spray.
WINK WINK BRAID
Say hello to something fresher this season with flattering side braids that are ultra flirty and super simple.
For the “Wink Wink Braid” tutorial and more, click over here to The Glitter Guide!