She takes many forms. Wears different hats. Welcomes every kind. Carries heavy burdens. Calms deep fears. Does all the things.
And though she deserves more than any single gift could warrant, here’s a list of a few ideas that can treat the woman who serves as “Mom” in your life. (+ Remember to take time to tell her so next weekend!)
1. Simone LeBlanc ‘Relax & Renew’ Mini Box – $50 | From gift-box guru Simone LeBlanc, this collection of goodies is all that the name replies. Indulge mom with some artisan chocolate, tea, a candle and dried foraged flowers she can savor after a long day.
2. Raven + Lily Uzma Recycled Journals – $11 | Made by women artisans at the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains, these journals use cotton and paper once seen as waste but transformed into something purposeful and beautiful.
3. Lifehouse Tonics Mushroommunity Powder – $42 | For smoothies, soups or mom’s morning coffee, this adaptogenic blend of cordyceps, lion’s mane and reishi (among others) helps reduce stress, hone focus, clarity and boost the immune system.
4. Global Goods Partners Gold Rod Earrings – $60 | Simple, delicate but substantial, these handcrafted earrings are designed by local and refugee artisans in Burkina Faso through Design for Peace, led by Afrika Tiss and supported by UNHCR.
5. Wonder Valley Olive Oil – $33 | Hand-picked and made from a special blend of Taggiasca, Ascolano, Manzanilla and Arbequina olives, this olive oil comes from the heart of Joshua Tree, CA. Certified Extra Virgin grade by the California Olive Oil Council.
6. slip Beauty Pillowcase – $79 | A pure silk and hypoallergenic pillowcase to protect delicate skin and hair while sleeping, reducing split ends and eliminating the tugging and scratching that can often occur with cotton. Beauty rest, indeed.
7. LOVE GOODLY Box – $30 | For the conscious mom, this curated selection of 100% toxin-free, cruelty-free and vegan beauty and wellness essentials has a value of over $125 and provides a great way to discover new products once or via monthly subscription. A gift you can feel good about giving, each purchase benefits Farm Sanctuary.
8. Haiti Rubble Candles -$55 | Bringing literal light from darkness, these concrete pillar candle holders are made with actual rubble from the 2010 earthquake that devastated Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Designed and handmade in partnership with concrete studio Stone Soup, 10% of proceeds are jointly donated to support women entrepreneurs and civic leaders in Haiti.
9. Fund an IJM Rescue Mission – $25+ | Fighting sex and cybersex trafficking, IJM provides comprehensive support to bring offenders to justice and care for survivors, enabling them to build healthy, thriving lives. A donation can go to providing an aftercare kit to child, supporting IJM staff, providing mobile forensic tools, even helping a widow begin her own business.
10. Susanne Kaufmann Mallow Blossom Bubble Bath – $70 | Truly indulgent, this rich, organic bubble bath creates the perfect escape for melting away stress. Mallow extracts nourish and calm the skin while lavender oil relaxes it. Juniper oil relieves mental exhaustion and mountain pine oil soothes tense muscles. An all-around win.
11. Block Printed Eye Mask – $24 | Handmade in Jaipur, India to support Jaipur Bloc, the eye mask is made out of a commitment to preserving the heritage of hand-block printing while providing training programs, recycling water and collecting rainwater to produce solar energy.
12. Cielo Blanket – $125 | Per it’s name, this “heavenly” blanket is the perfect living or bedroom addition made from organic cotton and natural dye. Like with all Local + Lejos products, this one supports local artisans, made in Guatemala by the Women of Chichicastenango.
13. “In The Company of Women” – $35 | For that “most influential” woman in your life, this book by Grace Bonney, founder of Design*Sponge, is the perfect compilation of 100 female creative entrepreneurs as they share their failures, successes, wisdom and personal style.
14. Bloom2Bloom Bouquet – $40+ | You can’t go wrong when it comes to sending mom flowers, but sometimes it can be hard to find an arrangement with a touch of originality that won’t break the bank. That’s why we’re loving this new co. from Whitney Port and Laurenne Resnik. They’re making it possible for you to send beautiful floral and succulent creations across the US and give back while you do it. Mom will be proud.
15. ‘Up in the Air’ Passport Cover – $26 | For the adventuring mom, we think this passport cover is equal parts classic, inspiring and a bit unexpected. Couple this gift with the promise that you’ll finally take that trip to fill-in-the-blank this year. Together.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!
Image via Anastasia Casey of The Identité Collective