So many people wait. They look over the distant horizon hoping things will be better when. When they get the new job. When they lose a few pounds. When they can finally take a vacation. When they move out on their own. Rather than waiting for when, why not begin celebrating today? It can be easy to let moments pass us by — those moments that may not take our breath away, but that still bring us joy and delight right where we are. Here and now. In the present.
I have a little exercise I do from time to time and encourage others to try it as well. Without thinking too hard about it, quickly list the things you love right now – things you may not take the time to really enjoy but that you should. Ready, set go!
Here’s my list of 10 favorite things at this very moment:
1. The smell of a fresh lemon
2. The foam on the top of a latte
3. The feel of my husband’s face right after he shaves
4. Sinking my face into a fresh, fluffy white towel
6. Good olive oil
7. Deep, snortle-inducing laughter
8. A text from a friend
9. Seeing my breath on a cold day
10. The sound of a carrot snapping
Don’t miss the simple joys of today by waiting for something epic in the future. Live. Truly. Succulently.
What’s on your list of 10?