We’re loving this simple step-by-step from the gals at Glitter Guide. Read on below to learn how they recommend cleaning your makeup brushes, saving your face and your wallet.
Did you know that dirt and germs build up in our makeup brushes? Applying products with dirty applicators can clog pores and spread bacteria, causing breakouts! Keep your skin clear and clean by washing your brushes at least once a month. We’re breaking down the simple steps in this cheat sheet — check it out below. And remember: high-quality brushes are a worthwhile investment!
Products you’ll need:
- Baby shampoo (it’s gentle yet effective) — we used Live Clean
- Running water
- Clean towel for drying
- Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle
1) Wet brush. Keeping the tip of the brush pointed down, apply shampoo from the palm of your hand onto the brush. Swirl the bristles around in your hand, then rinse thoroughly.
2) Repeat the above process until the water runs clear.
3) Squeeze the excess water out of the brush.
4) Lightly spritz the damp brush with rubbing alcohol to eradicate any lingering germs.
Click on over to Glitter Guide to find out the last of their tips, here!
Image via Erin Sousa