Spring may have officially begun in March, but in many parts of the country, it feels as though the season is only just beginning.
The air is gradually warming up, the birds are chirping once more, and green buds are starting to emerge from the earth. It’s a season of renewal and rebirth, a time of cleansing and transformation, and one that is perfect for slowing down and celebrating life with a revived sense of awe and wonder. How to stop and enjoy each moment?
Below, we’re listing 25 of our favorite ways to savor the season.
Share these with a friend and see how many items you can check off:
- Take a walk and savor the smells of the fresh jasmine, lilacs and roses.
- Break out the sidewalk chalk and get creative.
- Open the windows and let in the fresh air.
- Create a floral collage.
- Snuggle up in a blanket and sip your morning coffee outdoors.
- Stop and listen to the birds’ songs (and maybe even sing along!).
- Take an electronic break for a few hours.
- Laugh out loud.
- Make a spring salad using in-season produce from the farmers market.
- Ride a bike.
- Re-connect with a friend.
- Surprise your neighbors with a bouquet of fresh-picked flowers.
- Organize a spring scavenger hunt and search for signs of nature’s renewal.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Grab a sketchbook, head outside, and draw the trees’ new leaves.
- Ring in the warmer, sandal-wearing weather with a pretty pastel pedicure.
- Head to the park and fly a kite with a friend.
- Plan a picnic.
- Explore new hobbies – knitting, beading, cooking, etc.
- Take a gardening class.
- Visit the zoo.
- Feed the ducks at the pond.
- Spread a blanket on the ground on a clear night and stargaze.
- Write a spring poem.
- Dance in the rain.
What would you add to this list? Do you have a favorite way to celebrate spring?
Image via Stephanie Dimiskovski