Even though Valentine’s Day has passed, you may be in search of a sweet something to share with a loved one, or just to enjoy yourself. Here is a little recipe that couldn’t be easier! Using only two ingredients, you’ll have a delectable dessert in no time. Note: This recipe has quite a rich chocolate taste, so if you prefer something sweeter, add a touch of sugar.
2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
Makes 4 servings
9.35 ounces bittersweet (70% cocoa solids) chocolate, chopped
1 cup water
optional: 4 tbsp sugar
1. Prepare by placing a large mixing bowl on top of another slightly smaller one, filled with ice and cold water (the bottom of the large bowl should touch the ice).
2. Put chocolate and 1 cup water (and sugar if using) in a medium-sized pan and melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour the melted chocolate into the large mixing bowl sitting on top of ice and water, and start whisking with a wire whisk (or an electrical hand-held mixer) until thick.
4. Watch the texture as you whip and make sure not to over-whip as it will make the mousse grainy. If the mousse becomes grainy (which is possible at your first try), transfer it back into the pan, reheat until half of it is melted, pour it back to the mixing bowl and whisk again briefly.
5. Divide into four serving cups and serve immediately. (Can be refrigerated)
*Top with a sprinkle of sea salt, cinnamon, or berries.