We all have aspirations of being healthy. Eating the right food and getting the proper nutrients are vital to maintaining physical health and emotional wellness. Most of us have busy lives, therefore good nutrition can easily fall to the bottom of our priority list. Smoothies allow for the quick absorption of nutrients, enabling us to immediately feel energized. This recipe for a “glowing green” smoothie is a simple yet efficient way to give our bodies that greatly needed dose of nutrition first thing in the morning.
Glowing Green Smoothie
One large bunch of KALE
- Kale is antioxidant rich, neutralizes acidity, helps immune system and brain health.
One large handful of SPINACH
- Spinach is full of antioxidants, is an anti-inflammatory and can reduce stress.
2 stalks of CELERY
- Celery can lower blood pressure, calm the nervous system and neutralize body acidity.
5-6 MINT leaves
- Mint can be soothing, reduce headaches and nausea, and also freshen breath.
1/2 of a CUCUMBER
- Cucumber is full of antioxidants and vitamins, and can be cooling for the body.
The juice of one LEMON
- Lemon is an anti-bacterial, a liver cleanser and high in Vitamin C.
1 large piece of GINGER (about the size of a tablespoon)
- Ginger stimulates digestion, eliminates gas and soothes the digestion system.
2-3 pitted DATES
- Deemed “nature’s candy”, dates are full of fiber and great for the stomach and intestines.
1/4 of an AVOCADO
- Avocados are a rich source of Omega 3s, help to maintain a healthy heart and have anti-inflammatory properties.
1-2 glasses of WATER or NATURAL CRANBERRY JUICE as needed
Throw all these green things into a blender and blend on high for about one minute, or until everything is completely smooth. If you prefer a creamier texture, try adding in a frozen banana. Enjoy a mindful morning treating (and drinking) yourself well.
Cheers to your health!
Image via Carson Bowley