Seconds, Please: Cauliflower Avocado Micro-Green Salad with Roasted Garlic Cashew Cream
Eat with your eyes and elevate your salad with arugula micro-greens, caramelized cauliflower and garlic cashew cream. This recipe features cauliflower and important cruciferous vegetable.
Cruciferous vegetables are rich in antioxidants, fiber, and are a good source of glucosinolates – the sulfur-containing chemicals that are essential for skin health. Studies have associated a link between a high consumption of cruciferous vegetables in our diet and a lower risk of cancer. Be creative with your favorite salad or side dish by choosing to incorporate fibrous vegetables – that pop in color – like cauliflower.
Cauliflower Avocado Micro Green Salad
4 cups organic purple and orange cauliflower
1-2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
1 avocado, thinly sliced
2 cups arugula micro greens
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Sauté cauliflower with ghee or coconut oil until cauliflower is covered
3. Place cauliflower on baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes, stirring cauliflower occasionally until tender and caramelized
4. Plate over arugula micro greens
5. Top with avocado
Roasted Garlic Cashew Cream Sauce
2 c organic whole cashews
1-2 organic garlic cloves
1 cup water
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
1. Cover cashews with water for 2 hours, then drain and rinse
2. Place cashews in food processor or high-speed blender with roasted garlic cloves and water. Blend until smooth.
Images via Annie Shak